Managing Director to EIT Health Scandinavia
Förfaller i dag
EIT Health Scandinavia seeks Managing Director About EIT Health EIT Health is a network of best-in-class health innovators backed by the EU. We collaborate across borders to deliver new solutions that can enable European citizens to live longer, healthier lives.
As Europeans tackle the challenge of increasing chronic diseases and multi-morbidity, and seek to realise the opportunities that technology offers to move beyond conventional approaches to treatment, prevention and healthy lifestyles, we need thought leaders, innovators and efficient ways to bring innovative healthcare solutions to market.
EIT Health addresses these needs. We connect all relevant healthcare players across European borders – making sure to include all sides of the “knowledge triangle”, so that innovation can happen at the intersection of research, education and business for the benefit of citizens.
EIT Health maintains a regional structure that stretches across Europe, with six co-location centres (CLCs) in cities that have high innovation ratings and feature clusters of innovative firms, universities and research centres. With its headquarters in Munich, Germany, EIT Health has established CLCs in six regions, UK/Ireland, Scandinavia, Spain, France, Germany/Switzerland, and Belgium/Netherlands. With the aim of leveraging diversity and driving the potential of emerging innovation clusters, EIT Health has also added the “EIT Health lnnoStars” in six countries: Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal and Wales (UK).
EIT Health is a Knowledge and Innovation Community established by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
EIT Health: Together for healthy lives in Europe. For more information visit: http://www.eithealth.eu/
About EIT Health Scandinavia
EIT Health Scandinavia, the regional representation of Partners located in Denmark, Sweden and Estonia, drives a range of activities to support promising start-ups and education initiatives designed to further healthcare innovation.
For more information visit: https://www.eithealth.eu/clc-scandinavia
Managing Director EIT Health Scandinavia
- You set new standards for European industrial healthcare conditions with a focus on Scandinavia.
If you have a combination of industrial, public sector, health care and university understanding, leadership experience and relationship management competencies, this is a rare opportunity for you to enable success of EIT Health. We are looking for an innovative and visionary Director who is able to drive our Scandinavian EIT Health CLC to success.
• Enhance the conditions for healthcare activities across EU
Your overall objective is to successfully lead and develop the Scandinavian node to become a leading organization for the “implementation of innovation in health and wellness to support a healthy aging”.
You use your excellent leadership skills to influence the Scandinavian health agenda and liaise with national innovation programmes, local partners and government bodies to create a sustainable organisation.
You will build and maintain positive and long-standing relationships with your partners and other stakeholders. To be successful, you foster a high level of commitment and acceptance of the development of our activities amongst EIT Health partners. You will be the first contact of EIT Health to our Scandinavian Partners. You will enable their strategic engagement and develop the Partnership further in terms of including new Partners and deepening the relationships with the current organisations. You report to the EIT Health CEO (based in Munich) and to the Scandinavian board. You will also be a member of the central EIT Health Management board. You manage a growing team of currently 4 to 8 staff members.
- Organize, lead and develop the Scandinavian team and office.
- Act as the representative and strategic leader of EIT Health at the regional level.
- Build and maintain relationships with national EIT Health partners.
- Develop the EIT Health Scandinavian activities translating European strategy into local actions
- As a member of the EIT Health Management Board (MB) act as a team player and contribute to the development of EIT Health with the EIT Health Management Board.
- Drive and monitor the execution of the EIT Health activities
- Connect to and liaise with national innovation programs, local partners and national
- Senior Health/Life science innovation manager with minimally 10 years of experience in managing innovation, with academia, industry and/or public partner e.g. health care, university, municipal background.
- Strong experience in development and implementation of Health/Life science innovation strategies in interaction with public partners and healthcare providers, universities, industry, research institutes.
- Demonstrated experience in administration, budget management and raising funds.
- An extensive and relevant network in the Scandinavia innovation ecosystem in the health/life science sector.
- Team worker with excellent leadership and communication skills that can operate on strategic level with national partners as well as with other MB members in EIT Health.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills. The following will be a plus for the application:
- Experience with managing and operating a legal entity, including finance, HR and legal matters
- Strong experience in strategic planning and execution
- Strong experience in international collaboration
- Academic background in the Health area is a plus but not a prerequisite
- Fluent in English in speech and writing in addition to speaking Swedish and/or Danish.
Employment & Travel
Employment is by the Legal entity of Scandinavian EIT Health Scandinavia, Stockholm/Solna. The work will mainly be carried out in the Stockholm-Uppsala and in the Copenhagen-Skåne regions.
The Managing Director needs to be prepared to travel on a regular basis across Europe. Starting date expected at the latest in spring 2019
Contact for further information: Per Matsson, Chairman of the Scandinavian board, email@example.com, Ulla Wewer, Deputy-chair of the Scandinavian board, firstname.lastname@example.org and Mats Larhed, Secretary of the Scandinavian board, email@example.com .
To apply: Please mail a resume and motivation letter in English, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: Hr Anders – Anders Kjällman, A.firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +46(0)72 155 61 49. Deadline for submission: 2018-11-15 We look forward to receiving your application!