International Trainee Program "Inspired"
International Trainee Program "Inspired"
We are excited to launch our new International Trainee Program "Inspired" that has been strategically designed to ensure the best start at an exciting career but also provides competitive development for candidates in search of a challenging career with us.
We are a house of brands with leading commercial brands in the market, dedicated to inspiring, caring for and leading our future talent towards success.
The Program Description
The program duration is two summers, 2018 and 2019. The program offers challenging summer job opportunities in our home country locations (Finland, Sweden, Denmark or Estonia) during the summer 2018. Based on the performance and potential fit of the trainee, we will also provide an opportunity for a traineeship abroad during the summer 2019.
Master's / final thesis is an integral part of the program as well as an option for working part time during the studies.
The trainee will be assigned a mentor from our expert panel who will offer continuous support and direction throughout the program. In addition, we will offer some training during the program.
Students will be placed within the following specialist functions:
- product development (Estonia)
- controlling/finance (Finland, Sweden and Estonia)
- sales & marketing (Finland, Sweden, Estonia and Denmark)
- supply chain (Finland, Sweden and Estonia)
- animal sourcing & producer services (Finland).
Carefully designed tasks will be provided so you are able to make an immediate impact.
The home bases will be in Finland (Vantaa, except for animal sourcing in Turku), Sweden (Stockholm and Linköping), Denmark (Århus) or Estonia (Rakvere/Tabasalu).
Candidates will be selected during April-May 2018 and the program will commence in May/June.
What We Expect
- As a candidate, you are a student studying towards a Bachelor/Master's degree preferably in food sciences, veterinary medicine/agricultural sciences, industrial engineering, business, marketing, supply chain management/logistics, finance/economics or equivalent - depending on the function that you will be placed.
- You are at least halfway into your studies or will soon be graduating and you are passionate about new challenges.
- We are looking for candidates who are ambitious, enthusiastic, innovative and come with a natural talent for problem solving.
- You are comfortable working independently but thrive within a collaborative working environment.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- All candidates must have a good command of the English language however; knowledge of Finnish, Swedish, Danish or Estonian will be considered an advantage –depending on your home base.
- You are willing to rotate for a few months to an international location in one of our home markets.
- Most importantly, you have the right attitude: willingness to learn new with a curious mindset.
What your future could look like
Starting your career journey in our International Trainee Program gives you the best start at a career as you will not just learn and develop into a role you can learn and develop new and exciting interests you had not discovered yet. Whatever the case, we believe in nurturing the best of what you have to offer. With our global network of operations, you can explore your opportunities locally or internationally. You will also be compensated during the program.
Ultimately what we offer is an opportunity to become apart of a dynamic, international food company with well-known product brands where you will have excellent opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills in a program designed for you to get the very best out of yourself.
How to apply and whom to contact
If you have any questions regarding the trainee role, program or the recruitment process, please contact
Finland: HR manager Tarja Laine (+358 40 867 4440 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Head of Talent Development Hanna Karppinen (+358 40 558 0809 or email@example.com)
Sweden: VP HR Sweden Alexandra Berglund (+46 (0)8 725 8103 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Denmark: HR Specialist Christian Skriver Jørgensen (+45 25 10 68 95, email@example.com)
Estonia: HR Director Baltics Relika Rohtoja (+37 25 201 640 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will start processing applications early during the application period. Please submit your application and CV by 25th of April 2018 by e-mail to email@example.com. Please specify in your application to which function and home base you are applying.
A Taste of Who We Are
HKScan is the leading Nordic food company. We produce, market and sell high-quality, responsibly produced pork, beef, poultry and lamb products, processed meats and convenience foods under strong brand names. Our customers are the retail, food service, industrial and export sectors, and our home markets comprise Finland, Sweden, Denmark and the Baltics. We export to close to 50 countries. In 2017, HKScan had net sales of EUR 1.8 billion and some 7,300 employees.